Assessment of psychological injury is conducted by OHAC psychologists certified in the assessment of percentage whole person impairment as per the 1 October 2007 Motor Accident Authority Permanent Impairment Guidelines.
In assessing permanent impairment, the assessor determines:
- whether the injured worker’s condition has resulted in impairment
- whether the condition has reached maximum medical improvement
- whether the impairment is permanent
- the degree of permanent impairment that results from the injury
- the proportion of permanent impairment due to any previous injury, pre-existing condition or abnormality